Re: [Evolution] Suddenly mail disappear

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 09:18, Paul Hands wrote:

I thought that the .ibex files are only for containing information about
the mailboxes, not the mailbox itself.  I think the Mailbox is called
mbox, and should be in the same directory (Inbox?) as the .ibex file,
and should have a non-zero size.   I also believe that it is OK to
delete the .ibex file, but I would play safe and move it somewhere
else.  Then, restart evolution and see if your Inbox comes back.

Hi Paul,

Yes, the mailbox is called mbox, that is why I copied it to Eudora to
test.It works, but contains only the few mail downloaded today. I
understand that the .ibex file is some kind of information or backupfile
for Evoulution.

I have also made a backup of the Evolution folder and playing around to
se what happened. I deleted the .ibex file and restarted Evolution. No
changes, Inbox still contains only the few mail downloaded today.

So I think I still need some hints -:)

Georg

Let us know........

Paul