[Evolution] Suddenly mail disappear

Running 1.0.3-6 on RedHat 7.3

Never had any problems with Evolution - like the app. very much.

Yesterday I had a clean shut-down (with apprx. 1300 messages in the
inbox). Restarting later to download new mail and print out some new
orders for my business. However, mailbox was completely empty -:) Other
folders seems OK, all relevant messages still in the "sent" folder.

Tried "show hidden messages" but to no avail.

In the /local/inbox folder there is the mbox.ibex file. It is huge - 1,5
GB (yes GB). Guess I find my missing mail there ?

How can I get my important mail back ?

Thanks for any tip.

Georg