Re: Newbie questions/comments (Was: Re: [Evolution] Wish list/Todo ?)

Quoting proXy <davyd iprimus com au>:

        * Configure the SMTP server port, especially for SSL. There
          seems to be no way to use anything but the standard ports. I
          have an SSL capable server on port 25 and this doesn't seem to
          be possible currently.

I think this is also possible, try setting your smtp server to
bing.foo.bar:25

Ok, even the manual has that :-) Only I hadn't read it. Well, it seems I have
a problem nevertheless, because when using SSL, Evolution hangs when
trying to connect to my SSL-enabled qmail server (I entered the server
name with :25 appended, the way you are suggesting). Can anyone say
that this should definitely work?

Oliver Sturm <O Sturm Manfred-Dahlhoff de>

--
Fa. Manfred Dahlhoff - Buellenkothenweg 37a - 40229 Duesseldorf
Tel.: 0211-2202821   - Fax: 0211-2202822    - http://www.Manfred-Dahlhoff.de