Re: Newbie questions/comments (Was: Re: [Evolution] Wish list/Todo ?)

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 20:26, Oliver Sturm wrote:

        * Insert my signature text without the leading '-- '. I'd like
          to have my name in the signature text so I don't have to type
          it all the time, but above the '-- '. I can easily insert it
          myself, but it duplicates the way it currently is.

This is actually fairly standard across most mailers and newsreaders as
far as I know.

        * Configure the SMTP server port, especially for SSL. There
          seems to be no way to use anything but the standard ports. I
          have an SSL capable server on port 25 and this doesn't seem to
          be possible currently.

I think this is also possible, try setting your smtp server to
bing.foo.bar:25

        * I'd like to use an external command to send mail, but it's not
          called sendmail. This cannot currently be configured, can it?
        * The message preview pane can be hidden/shown with the key Q.
          Can I also do that with the mouse in some faster way than
          opening the menue/clicking the menu item? A hot button
          somewhere?
        * Selecting my folders for Drafts and Sent, I can't see (when
          opening the dialog) which is the current setting. Mine are on
          an IMAP server and I'm always unsure whether I already set
          them for an account or not, because the buttons always only
          say Drafts and Sent.
        * Selecting my own PGP/GPG key could be easier with a combo box
          or something.

Why do you have more then one key?
This is almost as bad as Rusty Russell (iptables developer) (he has two
keys one for Rusty Russell, one for Paul Russell, they signed each other
too)
A key can have many alias. ie, one for each email address, but using the
same key for all of them. That is probably what you want to do. Ensure
you revoke any keys you created if you intend to stop using them.

        * In my configuration, when checking someone's PGP signature, I
          always get a gpg message displayed:

--proXy

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://www.linux.conf.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA