Newbie questions/comments (Was: Re: [Evolution] Wish list/Todo ?)

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 12:55, Not Zed wrote:

Yes! Submit feature requests as bugs with status "enhancement" at
bugzilla.ximian.com

 ... after checking it isn't already there.

Also separate features into individual reports, not a big one with 10
points.

Ok. As I have already compiled a list of things I was wondering about,
I'll post it here first. Maybe some of the issues are related to the
fact that I haven't had a close enough look yet. Here goes, in no
specific order:

        * Insert my signature text without the leading '-- '. I'd like
          to have my name in the signature text so I don't have to type
          it all the time, but above the '-- '. I can easily insert it
          myself, but it duplicates the way it currently is.
        * Configure the SMTP server port, especially for SSL. There
          seems to be no way to use anything but the standard ports. I
          have an SSL capable server on port 25 and this doesn't seem to
          be possible currently.
        * I'd like to use an external command to send mail, but it's not
          called sendmail. This cannot currently be configured, can it?
        * The message preview pane can be hidden/shown with the key Q.
          Can I also do that with the mouse in some faster way than
          opening the menue/clicking the menu item? A hot button
          somewhere?
        * Selecting my folders for Drafts and Sent, I can't see (when
          opening the dialog) which is the current setting. Mine are on
          an IMAP server and I'm always unsure whether I already set
          them for an account or not, because the buttons always only
          say Drafts and Sent.
        * Selecting my own PGP/GPG key could be easier with a combo box
          or something.
        * In my configuration, when checking someone's PGP signature, I
          always get a gpg message displayed:

                       Oliver Sturm

--
Fa. Manfred Dahlhoff - Buellenkothenweg 37a - 40229 Duesseldorf
Tel.: 0211-2202821   - Fax: 0211-2202822    -