[Evolution] Re: [Users] Possible solution [Was: It works! [Was: Spell-checking still not working (Evo 1.0.2, Mdk 8.1)]]

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 05:15, D. D. Brierton wrote:
I've just noticed a whole bunch of follow-ups listing the results of

rpm -qa | grep spell

which list pspell, aspell, and gnome-spell but no dictionaries
installed. Unless those who posted those results edited them, then I
think that your problem may be analogous to my original one. That is, I
thought that aspell-en_GB was a dictionary in its own right, but it in
fact needed aspell-en to work properly. (If I'm guessing correctly from
the size of the respective RPMs, aspell-en is a proper dictionary whilst
aspell-en_GB is just a list of differences of British English from
American English.)

The upshot seems to be this: if you ain't got no dictionaries installed,
then spell-checking won't work.

--
I have SuSE7.1 and have no spell-check functionality at all. :(

I have tried installing aspell, pspell, and gnome-spell but aspell has a
dependency on libltldl.so which I can't seem to find any where (for my
distribution).

Can anyone give me a definitive (I know it sounds like I want it on a
plate bu tI've chased this one round for so long now) answer as to how I
get spell-checking working under evolution?

TIA

Jim