[Evolution] Re: [Users] Spell-checking still not working (Evo 1.0.2, Mdk 8.1)

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 12:01, D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 18:05, Robert Goshko wrote:
I have spell check sort of working on Mandrake 8.1,,I have the same
packages installed, and when I type in a misspelled word, it has the
"squigly" underline under it, but if I right click on the word, or
choose spell check from the menu, the message test window disappears?

What do you have your language set as in Control Panel -> HTML Viewer ->
Miscellaneous?

This is set to en.

I running this under KDE 2.2.2.

Hmmm. I haven't tried Evolution under KDE. Surely it shouldn't make a
difference, but I'll try it. Also I have KDE 2.2.1 installed, not KDE
2.2.2. I wonder if that could be making a difference.

Oops, to bad I don't have a "fat finger checker", it is KDE 2.2.1.

I have noticed a few messages on the Evolution list reporting problems
with spell-checking in Evolution 1.0.2. I can't remember exactly, but I
think some were from people using distros other than Mandrake 8.1.

Can someone at Ximian confirm whether there may indeed be problems with
Evolution 1.0.2 and spell-checking, or is it worth my continuing to
investigate whether something is up with my setup?

I was doing something else on other time (I don't remember what) and the
message text disappeared as well, but happens every time I try to use
the spell check feature.

--
...Rob

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.com/      Supporting the Revolution In Your World

 12:11pm  up  2:42,  2 users,  load average: 1.92, 1.59, 1.51