[Evolution] Re: [Users] It works! [Was: Spell-checking still not working (Evo 1.0.2, Mdk 8.1)]

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 14:34, D. D. Brierton wrote:

When I was getting the packages to install, I noticed that the
default "en" language file was around 2 MB, while the "en_CA"
language file was 64 KB.  I installed both since I had read that
there was problems with the "en_" files.

I wish I had noticed that. Bad Mandrake! It looks like the aspell-en_GB
and aspell-en_CA RPMs should require the aspell-en RPM. (Anyone know
what the best way of reporting this to Mandrake is?)

Not sure here.

Anyway, spell-checking is now working flawlessly. With "en" set as the
language "colour" is highlighted as misspelt whilst "color" isn't, and
with "en_GB" set as the language the reverse happens. Right clicking on
misspelt words works as does "Edit -> Spell check document ...".

Glad I could help.

Rob, I'm not sure why this is now working properly for me and it is
isn't for you. Is there anything about my system I could let you know to
help track the problem down?

It's weird, the text box containing the message, just "disappears" when
I use "Edit -> Spell check document...", or I right click on a
misspelled word.

I even exited Evolution, ran killev and oaf-slay, changed mu language to
"en_CA".  In the Gnome control centre, I have two HTML Viewer's, one
under "*MISSINGNAME*" and one under "Document Handlers".  If I change
the settings in one, the changes are visible in the other.

The highlighting is an improvement over nothing, now to figure it out
the rest of the way.

Cheers!

--
...Rob

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.com/      Supporting the Revolution In Your World

  3:12pm  up  5:43,  2 users,  load average: 1.68, 1.92, 1.85