RE: [Evolution] IMAP Trash folder?

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 07:08, Rich Rudnick wrote:

What metaphor has a piece of paper in two places simultaneously?

hmm.. that would break the theory of relativity.

but, I don't see evolution as broken. View the trash folder as all
messages in all folders that are marked for deletion.

You have two ways of deleting each message: empty trash or expunge the
real folder that the message lives in.

In real life, I take an object from one location (a folder), and place
it in another (a trash basket). It cannot exist in both places at once.

but in evo it isn't actually moved to the trash folder.  You mark it for
deletion + the trash folder is just a convenience that allows you to
examine the full set of messages marked for deletion.

Until I explicitly empty that trash basket I should be able to get that
object back out of the trash.

if you want evo to behave that way, then simply don't go expunging
messages from you folders.

But for now, I'll adapt to the software (which is not right) and just
wait for a configuration option post 1.0 :)

Isn't all you are really after the ability to hide deleted messages from
the real folder?  You can do this from the Actions menu.  It would be
nice if there was a keyboard accelerator attached to this action.

I get the impression I'm missing something here about the way you are
working with evolution.. but I can't figure out what.

John