Re: [Evolution] Evolution 0.10 "Tasmanian Devil" is out

"me too"

Xav

Le 2001.05.16 17:43:44 +0200, Ross Burton a écrit :
On 16 May 2001 10:56:10 -0400, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
Su 14 May 2001 18:23:05 -0400, Fernando Pereira ha scritto:
I asked this before, but maybe it fell through the cracks. Is there
anything I can do to see again the contacts I had entered a few
snapshots ago? At some point, it was suggested by someone at Ximian
that
this was caused by snapshots incorrectly linked with an old version
of
db.

  The new package should be linked with the newer db library, so the
contacts should be visible again...

I disagree with this - or we have different meanings to "newer".

A working contacts database:

$ file addressbook.db
addressbook.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 Hash/Little Endian (Version 2, Bucket
Size 4096, Bucket Shift 12, Directory Size 256, Segment Size 256,
Segment Shift 8, Overflow Point 1, Last Freed 2, Max Bucket 1, High Mask
0x3, Low Mask 0x1, Fill Factor 65536, Number of Keys 17)

Version 1.85.

A non-working contacts database:

$ file addressbook.db
addressbook.db: Berkeley DB 2.X Hash/Little Endian (Version 5, Logical
sequence number: file - 0, offset - 0, Bucket Size 4096, Overflow Point
3, Last Freed 5, Max Bucket 5, High Mask 0x7, Low Mask 0x3, Fill Factor
65536, Number of Keys 3)

Version 2.

From this evidence Evo 0.10 is using DB 1.85, which cannot read 2.x
version files.  Does anyone know how to convert 2.x version files into
1.85?

Regards,
Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8263 2332