Re: [Evolution] Evolution 0.10 "Tasmanian Devil" is out

  The new package should be linked with the newer db library, so the
contacts should be visible again...

I disagree with this - or we have different meanings to "newer".
[snip]
From this evidence Evo 0.10 is using DB 1.85, which cannot read 2.x
version files.

I see the same:

$ file addressbook.db
addressbook.db: Berkeley DB 2.X Hash/Little Endian (Version 5, Logical
sequence number: file - 0, offset - 0, Bucket Size 4096, Overflow Point
3, Last Freed 0, Max Bucket 5, High Mask 0x7, Low Mask 0x3, Fill Factor
0, Number of Keys 65)

Wierd. I see this ..

[turgon minas-aran Contacts]$ file addressbook.db
addressbook.db: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 5, native byte-order)

Wonder why I don't see the level of detail the rest of you see, from that
"file" command?

I don't understand what version of db Evo is actually using at runtime,
since the only db package on my system seems to be db3-3.1.17-4.6x, and
when I installed from RC no other db package was pulled over.

I have db2-2.7.7-1mdk, and db3-3.1.17-4.6x RPMs installed.

Doing a db_dump -p addressbook.db (thank you, Fernando, for that! :-)

[turgon minas-aran Contacts]$ db_dump -p addressbook.db
format=print
type=hash
db_pagesize=4096
HEADER=END
PAS-DB-VERSION\00
0.1\00

And I see my entries.

Currently, I'm running evolution-0.10-ximian.1.