Re: [Evolution] Features

On 16 Jun 2001 05:48:55 -0400, Christopher James Lahey wrote:
It might be nice to be able to turn this on for all outgoing messages as
a configuration setting.  One problem with that is that you would then
get message duplication with mailing lists.  I'm not sure what to do
about that, and it may be enough to cause this to not be a useable
feature.  Perhaps if it's a per folder setting that would be acceptable.

I think that having this as an option (save outgoing message reply in
same folder as original) would be very useful for keeping the threads
together.

Yes you would probably end up with duplicate messages (one stored
locally and one coming back from the mailing list). However I don't
think this is a problem. It is *really* easy to spot the duplicate (they
are in the same thread) and delete. Perhaps later code could be added
that eliminates these duplicates based on (say) the subject and message
id.

At the end of the day there really is no problem with there being
multiple ways to tackle the same problem - each person can choose what
works best for them.

Damian

--
Damian Ivereigh