Re: [Evolution] slowness

On 25 Jul 2001 01:41:41 +0930, Not Zed wrote:
On 24 Jul 2001 03:10:13 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

I suppose "create" is that what happend when messages are sorted by the
filter rules and dropped into the folders.
Yes, that obnoxiously slow.

No i meant at the filesystem level, like using touch or cat or rm or
something.

That's blazing fast. Less than 0.something seconds. I'm on ReiserFS. ;-)

I don't usually delete messages, but it's not very slow.

Do you have hide deleted on or off?

No hide deleted.

But, on the other hand, there are a few cases where maildir re-does a
dir scan, which can slow things down appreciably with large folders (by
large i mean >5K messages).

Anyway, Evo-0.11 is faster. Is still slow, but faster than 0.10
The reason seems to be that 0.11 does a lot of things in the background.
;-)
Nice trick...

--
Florin Andrei