[Evolution] Evolution 0.10.99: Crashes on startup

I followed the advice to install the latest snapshot. After tinkering
aroud with all the RPMS, I got the snapshot installed. Now here's the
problem: evolution runs fine when run as root. When I try to run
evolution as a user, it displays the splash screen and then crashes (a
gnome crash dialog is displayed). The error given is

evolution-shell-WARNING **: CORBA exception IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
when requesting URI -- evolution:/local/Inbox

Why is this? I don't like to run evolution as root.

Ibukun