Re: [Evolution] slowness

On 24 Jul 2001 19:02:40 +0930, Not Zed wrote:

If you create/delete a file inside the larger folders 'cur' directory
(i.e. where all the files are stored), is that very slow?

I suppose "create" is that what happend when messages are sorted by the
filter rules and dropped into the folders.
Yes, that obnoxiously slow.

I don't usually delete messages, but it's not very slow.

IT IS slow when i click on a folder, no matter if it's first time or the
millionth time.

IT IS slow when changing a message from unread to read.

10K messages is going to be slower than 1K, but it shouldn't be that
slow.  I presume you have a pentium 500 class machine with enough memory
too.

dual PIII/800 with 512 MB RAM and SCSI storage. It's an SGI 1200 server,
i'm using it as a workstation :-)

http://www.sgi.com/servers/1200/

--
Florin Andrei