Re: mbox vs. Maildir (was: Re: [Evolution] expunge speed)

So sprach »Brian« am 2001-08-20 um 16:13:38 -0500 :
Try having two or more front end mail servers that mount the backend (ie
the machine with the mail spool) via NFS.  You might not know you have a
problem as the MTA will end up silently dropping mail over time.

Hmm, I don't do something like this, so I didn't think of this.

Well, I'll agree that Maildir is really superior - technically at least.
Alas, it's performance isn't that good in the client I use.  Wonder
why...  Well, I suppose because it needs to open each and every file
once?  And maybe because mutt was designed for mbox?  Dunno.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de