Re: mbox vs. Maildir (was: Re: [Evolution] expunge speed)

On Mon, 2001-08-20 at 15:01, Alexander Skwar wrote:
So sprach »Ron Guerin« am 2001-08-20 um 15:19:36 -0400 :
people who stop using mbox seem to do so over the reliability issue,

Which issue?  Maybe I was just lucky, but over the years it has never
happend to me that the mail file got corrupted.

Try having two or more front end mail servers that mount the backend (ie
the machine with the mail spool) via NFS.  You might not know you have a
problem as the MTA will end up silently dropping mail over time.

Bad idea, man.  Bad bad idea.

Brian