Re: [Evolution] import of Netscape mail folders? ev0 0.11.99

Dan Winship wrote:

Why does Evo need the "subfolders" directory?
evolution/local/folder1/folder2/mbox should be enough.

It's to guarantee that any folder can contain both messages and
subfolders.

So (like netscape/mozilla) add an extension to one.
Either one would do, but I think the mailbox would be best.

Eg, what if you want to create a subfolder of Inbox called "mbox"? You
can't just call it ~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox, because that's the name
of Inbox's mbox file... so it's ~/evolution/local/Inbox/subfolders/mbox/

Netscape/mozilla do this as
local/Inbox (mail file)
local/Inbox.sbd/mbox

Since evo has multiple files in the directory, something like:

local/Inbox/mbox (mail file)
local/Inbox/mbox.dir/mbox (mail file in subdir.

Or (my preference)
local/Inbox/mbox.dat (mail file)
local/Inbox/mbox./mbox.dat (mail file in subdir.

This scheme isn't perfect either, but the current added, usless
directory seams worse.

can you have local/Inbox/subfolders/subfolders/mbox.* right now?

Eric Lambart wrote:

I was wondering that myself.  At least it's not quite as convoluted as
the extraneous levels that Mozilla adds to the mail directory tree.

I think that mainly for migration.

It's not required, and will probably go away
once 1.0 is out. (I hope:)

should become ~/.mozilla/<profile>/<real info>

I rather have ~/.mozilla/<real info>
for the default profile and ~/.mozilla_<profile>/<real info>
for the others but ~ is cluttered enough already :)

        -Thomas