Re: [Evolution-hackers] Post-to header implementation

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 17:04, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
I wonder if the url shouldn't be more like:

nntp://user host/#comp.lang.c

For users it could be more like: "comp.lang.c in news.host.com", the uri
looks scary. The "plain english" one is longer, yeah, but most of the
time you dont want to crosspost anyway.. :)
I had been thinking myself to do something like one does with e-mail adresses, like alt.binariez <nntp://meilof acdam net/alt.binariez>, maybe that'd make things a bit clearer. Plus it also makes things more obvious for folders whose display name is different from their URL name (e.g. local folders have URLs like "mbox:/home/meilof/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox"). But then again I thought one wouldn't really need this for newsgroups, so I didn't consider it that much of a priority...

Yea, I agree. The bounty is fine without even, given the time
constraints, but if folks feel like hacking further, that'd rock.
I could definitely try my hand at it if I have some time. Or you could just make it another bounty of course ;-)

Meilof
-- meilof wanadoo nl