Re: [Evolution-hackers] Post-to header implementation

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 22:21, Meilof wrote:
> It's more like the "To" header, so the Post-to label is actually a
> button you click on to have the folder tree show up. I hacked the folder
> tree to optionally support multiple folder selection, so it is used to
> edit your complete selection. To give you an idea:
>
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/meilof/post-header.png

Yea that looks nice. So the folder tree shows your subscribed
newsgroups? That's making it easier indeed.

> As the screenshot shows, apparently when you have two equal e-mail
> addresses, the "From" chooser automagically appends the account name, so
> that's no problem.

What happens if you choose a wrong one? Does it only show the folders
belonging to that From: account? Ie, send from the imap account with
same email address, but try sending to a newsgroup?

> > Also, is it a bad idea to have also the Cc: field viewable through the
> > View-menu? I think some apps allow you to cc: a mail account while
> > sending to newsgroups? I dont know if that is crack though, is it a
> > good ide?
>
> You can do that. In fact, you can show the "To" and "BCC" fields as
> well. The newsgroup append method will make sure they don't show up in
> the news message headers.

OK. Which account does that use then? Different ones for email and nntp?

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>