Re: [Evolution-hackers] note on colorized calendars

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 16:38, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 07:02, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > I think that the most important thing we are naturally doing is to have
> > the background colors be light and have dark text (well, the theme
> > "text" color)
>
> Actually, using the theme color there is probably wrong, since if we are
> going to hardcode the colors then there is a chance the theme uses a
> text color that isn't contrasty enough.
>
> So it should probably just use black instead, for all colorized items.
>
> (Otherwise, I am all for making the colors themable, if possible...)
>
> > What do you think? Choosing strange colors to please everyone might not
> > be what we want, but rather design a nice color set, that looks nice for
> > most people, and *does not present any big problems for accessibility*,
> > and then give a possibility to change the colors to suit any special
> > needs if the default is not ideal.
>
> Yeah, the color set must be a good compromise.  Maybe it's easier if we
> stick to only 5 colors or so?

5 is too few, since I guess people will start subscribing to many
calendars once we can view multiple calendars in one view, 5 is just too
few colors, since a lot of calendars would have the same color.

I think a good number is between 12 and 16.

cheers