Re: [Evolution-hackers] note on colorized calendars

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 00:45, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 00:08, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:35, Calum Benson wrote:
> > > - Ensure there's an option to only use colours picked from the theme...
> > > this should be pretty much a requirement anyway, to cater for people who
> > > need to use the high/low contrast themes. (Although for the high
> > > contrast themes most of the colours will be the same, so one of the
> > > other methods would be good additionally too).
> >
> > I am not sure how we would do this though.  We need a palette of at
> > least 5 distinct colors or so...
> >
> > > - Ensure the user can customise the colours that are used.
> >
> > Yeah, this is easy to do.
> >
> > > - Allow the user to associate a small icon with each calendar, that
> > > could be displayed somewhere in each appointment (perhaps beside its
> > > title, and perhaps only if more than one calendar was being displayed).
> >
> > Wouldn't it cause too much clutter in the UI though?  We already use the
> > icons for categories.
>
> I think that displaying optionally the calendar name at the end of the
> event title is the best approach. For accessibility there are not many
> colors you can use, like the high contrast example shows.
>
> Icons do clutter, and we already have the category icons there. So I
> think the best way is to just have the calendar name there as text.

I also think this seems the best so far, since as you say icons do
clutter and are already being used for categories.

Although, as said in http://www.uiaccess.com/access_links.html#color, we
can come with a color palette "that works for nearly everyone".

cheers