Re: [Evolution-hackers] note on colorized calendars

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 17:38, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 07:02, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > I think that the most important thing we are naturally doing is to have
> > the background colors be light and have dark text (well, the theme
> > "text" color)
>
> Actually, using the theme color there is probably wrong, since if we are
> going to hardcode the colors then there is a chance the theme uses a
> text color that isn't contrasty enough.
>
> So it should probably just use black instead, for all colorized items.
>
> (Otherwise, I am all for making the colors themable, if possible...)

Yea, I think you are right.

> > What do you think? Choosing strange colors to please everyone might not
> > be what we want, but rather design a nice color set, that looks nice for
> > most people, and *does not present any big problems for accessibility*,
> > and then give a possibility to change the colors to suit any special
> > needs if the default is not ideal.
>
> Yeah, the color set must be a good compromise.  Maybe it's easier if we
> stick to only 5 colors or so?

The critical thing here is to be sure we have enough contrast. So all bg
colors should be rather light, and the text should be black. So that
everyone can at least *read* the events.

But then, even if those tones are not that easy to distinguish by
colorblind persons, there is always the possibility to define your own
colors, so I think it is reasonably accessible.

I think it sounds reasonable, or?

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>