Re: Installing Seed extensions

2009/9/30 Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>:
> Le mercredi 30 septembre 2009 à 06:53 +0100, Magnus Therning a écrit :
[..]
>> What I'd like to see someone do is work out the bindings necessary to write
>> extensions in Vala.
>
> Indeed that would be great, it’s a good language.
>
> Another option would be to allow Mono extensions, it would allow to
> write them in many more languages.

I would be very hesitant to use a browser that has as an aim to be
simple, while being written in C and allowing extensions in mono.  (I
am aware the "simple" is more closely related to GUI than code.  In my
mind simple implies fast, and adding mono does sound more like bloat
than anything else.)  Of course the same goes for Java, Python, Ruby,
Perl, etc.  AFAIK there aren't that many (popular) extension
languages/implementations around, only Lua and Seed comes to mind.

Maybe a way out of this would be extensive use of DBus within Epiphany?

/M