Re: roadmap discussion

* Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> [Nov 16, 2004 19:20]:

Man, what's with the quoting string being ">", not "> " nowadays?

> >I for one would like to see other apps integrate more with Epiphany.  If
> >you click on a PDF file, for example, PDF Viewer is launched, but it
> >would be nice if PDF viewer had a Epiphany plugin.  Same goes for such
> >other common GNOME apps as totem, eog, and Gnumeric.
>
> This sounds weird to me. We've just abandoned the utter disaster that
> were the nautilus views - now you want to bring them back in epiphany?
> What's the advantage of viewing a PDF in a browser window as opposed to
> viewing one in a specialized viewer? I'll say the same about eog; if the
> mozilla backend allows it we should open a separate eog window when
> clicking on a .jpg hyperlink instead of trying to show it within the
> browser.

Other than eog being the worst piece of software I've ever seen, I agree
with you (OK, it's not the worst, but it's close).
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::