Re: roadmap discussion

>   * Can the Bookmarks menu be replaced by a Bookmarks panel applet?

I don't imagine the panel applet being a _replacement_ for the existing
Bookmarks menu.  It is just a convenience, and as a user I would be
surprised if a part of browser's fundamental functionality was not
accessible through its menu system (even if it was available elsewhere -
the GNOME panel feels somewhat too far removed to be the sole location).

A possible analogy is how GNOME has a Recent Documents sub-menu of its
panel Actions menu but individual applications (e.g. OpenOffice, gEdit)
still have their own File menu.

>   * Will we be able to use nautilus metadata (emblems for example) in the
>     forseeable future?

Emblems... for bookmarks?  Or make bookmarks viewable in nautilus (I can
open "fonts://" in nautilus, why not "bookmarks://")?  Bookmarks just as
plain old files in a .bookmarks/ directory (although this would prevent
bookmarks living in multiple topics like they currently do)?

Or did you have other ideas in mind?

>   * Community marketing. Currently Novell and Ubuntu deliver a GNOME
>     desktop where Epiphany isn't the default browser. Do they have
>     requirements Epiphany doesn't fulfill? What are they? Do we need to
>     do (more) advertising and lobbying within the community?

RedHat (Fedora Core 3) also prefer Firefox over Epiphany.  And
personally, I do to.  Part of that (probably a lot of that, actually) is
because I have to use Windows at work, and so Firefox is what I am used
to.  Part of that is because I tried Epiphany for a while, and liked a
lot of it - I like the whole "less is more" approach that I get from
GNOME in general.  But the killer for me was managing a lot of bookmarks
- and not being able to nest topics simply lead to having to work with a
very long and unwieldy flat list of topics.

And little polish things like keyboard focus not being in the location
bar when I open a new tab, which I think has been entered into bugzilla
but progress has stalled for whatever reason.  And keyword bookmarks, as
has been previously mentioned on this thread.

Nigel.