Re: important discussion on LWN

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
I don't want to reply there directly, but we've done a number of
things this cycle that should be useful in countering this perception:

There's also the longer list of things that have happened in GTK+ over
the past 2/3 of cycles:

 - Widget opacity
[features deleted]

These are great, but you still need to have a good support community
around GTK+ and great documentation, tutorials and what not in order
to take advantage of them.

That said, we should probably also talk about Builder since Christian
is so kindly going to spend all his time on it for a year so that we
can have something awesome.  We will also need to update our glade3 to
be able to access all of the new GTK+ widgets.

A good exercise is to identify all tlhe barriers of GTK+ adoption and
support.  For instance, I have heard some claims that ABI breakages
are happening between releases.  It's hard to quantify and qualify
these issues as they are wrapped in sarcasm or exaggeration.  Reddit
and other social media is a real poor platform these things.