Re: important discussion on LWN

Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
A good exercise is to identify all tlhe barriers of GTK+ adoption and
support.  For instance, I have heard some claims that ABI breakages
are happening between releases.  It's hard to quantify and qualify
these issues as they are wrapped in sarcasm or exaggeration.  Reddit
and other social media is a real poor platform these things.

I think that the GTK+ crew are probably well aware of the areas that
need work. Documentation, Glade support and improving the
cross-platform story are all themes in recent discussions. That said,
a gentle reminder about the importance of these issues might be
helpful.

But let's focus on what the Engagement Team can do to help (since this
is the engagement list). Obvious things here:

 * Channel feedback back to the GTK+ team.
 * Advertise the great things that are happening in GTK+.
 * Help with documentation and the developer website.

Help with the latter two would be greatly appreciated!