Re: important discussion on LWN

Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
I don't want to reply there directly, but we've done a number of
things this cycle that should be useful in countering this perception:

There's also the longer list of things that have happened in GTK+ over
the past 2/3 of cycles:

 - Widget opacity

 - Frame sync for smooth animations

 - Widget templates

 - Improved CSS support

 - New widgets: revealers, stack switchers, popovers, header bars,
search bars, list boxes,

 - Baseline alignment

 - HiDPI support

 - Model-based menus (this is particularly relevant for cross-platform support)

 - New process launching API

 - Improved documentation

And other major stuff in the pipeline:

 - Multitouch support (coming in 3.14)

 - Data models

 - Scene graph

 - Wayland

So I think there is a compelling story about how GTK+ is developing,
and where it is going to end up.