Re: Learning from the best

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 09:21, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
I really like the longer articles, and it's the kind of thing I'd like
to see more in the GNOME Journal - and I'd even volunteer to write one
or two, and encourage others to do the same - but I don't want to spend
time arguing about whether it's useful or not.

I read your original email as a request for someone else to do it to which I was emphatically saying "my plate is full with doing it this other way". If you are volunteering, we can use all the help we can get and welcome the contribution!

So, longer articles is good provided you have a writing style that is engaging.  I generally have issues with tech article as they lack a personable element when reading.  I'd like to think the articles I write (or maybe used to write.. I haven't written one in awhile) was an example of that style.