Re: Learning from the best

Hi,

Joey Ferwerda wrote:
The attention span of general people are very low.
Thats the reason why Twitter is 160 characters max, the facebook
messages are short, most of the Blogs contain a "read more" button with
90% of the post, youtube does not allow large video's for regular users
etc etc.

At this stage, I have to ask: is this "stop energy" (i.e. "I don't think
you should waste your time doing this") or a proposal to spend more time
with a micro-communication strategy (Twitter, Facebook & daily links
type stuff)?

I really like the longer articles, and it's the kind of thing I'd like
to see more in the GNOME Journal - and I'd even volunteer to write one
or two, and encourage others to do the same - but I don't want to spend
time arguing about whether it's useful or not.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary