Re: Learning from the best

Hi!

For me I think half of the size would have been ok. The style is a but pompous and that part really killed it "The weekly email newsletters are extremely good, with links to a whole host of excellent articles and tutorials, notifications of events and training opportunities. " Basically the guy loves spam.... weird. I doubt our user base does (I could be wrong).

So something less 'advertorial', straight to the point and half of the size would make sense I believe. In fact there are so many things to do and so little time...

Actually I was told to initiate an IRC meeting about our marketing activities about 1-2 week(s) ago. I'd be interested to have a discussion about the following items if anybody is interested:
- General marketing plan
- Current perception of GNOME 3.0 and how to improve issues
- Using GUGs
- Being briefed on all the on-going efforts (*cough*)
- anything else people would like to add

I know we have some Google Codein marketing tasks, I'm currently checking with Dave how to see all task as apparently started tasks don't appear in the list. There is surely more to this, but it could be a good start.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you guys.

Fred