Re: [Ekiga-list] [GUADEC 2013 Proposal]

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Víctor M. Jáquez L. wrote:

Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 00:51:31
From: Víctor M. Jáquez L. <vjaquez igalia com>
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] [GUADEC 2013 Proposal]

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 06:32:27PM +0200, Genghis Khan wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:07:45 +0200
Víctor M. Jáquez L. <vjaquez igalia com> wrote:

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 01:55:45PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
Bad news.

That probably means GNOME has now less or no interest in Ekiga
anymore.

Yes, though, it is a fact that we are not keeping the pace of gnome,
with it's library dependencies and user interface design.

What exactly is missing or wrong in Ekiga?

There's nothing missing or wrong in Ekiga per se.

But if we want to think in Ekiga as a component of GNOME (3.x) we shall admit
that Ekiga doesn't follow the UI design and the migration to GTK+ 3.x,
GSettings, GStreamer, etc., is a bit lagged behind.

vmjl

From another mailing list,

"
Are you aware of the GNOME 3 controversy?  It changed beyond
recognition, not only visually, but many of the subsystems that power
it.  XFCE perhaps resembles more closely what you thought of as GNOME,
as it is still based on GTK+ 2.

There are other forks of GNOME 2 being produced by people who miss it,
and recently GNOME developers have become more open to the idea.
"

which appears to indicate that people like me, who use, and, are accustomed to using, GNOME 2.x, are best abandoning GNOME, when it becomes GNOME 3.

I am running Debian Linx 6. 0.x, which is apparently running GNOME 2.x .

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."