Re: [Ekiga-list] [GUADEC 2013 Proposal]

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 06:32:27PM +0200, Genghis Khan wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:07:45 +0200
Víctor M. Jáquez L. <vjaquez igalia com> wrote:

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 01:55:45PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
Bad news.

That probably means GNOME has now less or no interest in Ekiga
anymore.

Yes, though, it is a fact that we are not keeping the pace of gnome,
with it's library dependencies and user interface design.

What exactly is missing or wrong in Ekiga?

There's nothing missing or wrong in Ekiga per se.

But if we want to think in Ekiga as a component of GNOME (3.x) we shall admit
that Ekiga doesn't follow the UI design and the migration to GTK+ 3.x,
GSettings, GStreamer, etc., is a bit lagged behind.

vmjl

It seems that many are satisfied with the many improved performances of
Ekiga in recent year, and is constantly being updated in repositories
such as Slackware and Salix OS.

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/network/ekiga/

vmjl