Re: [Ekiga-list] [GUADEC 2013 Proposal]

On 16/05/13 17:47, Jim Diamond wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 16:31 (+0200), Eugen Dedu wrote:

On 16/05/13 16:03, Jim Diamond wrote:
As an(other?) example, I am having no luck when behind a NAT router.
I see no gui option to set up STUN.  I search the web a bit and find
out I need to use gconf-editor.  Too bad that it doesn't exist on

You can use gconftool to modify the stun server.  You can even modify
the file itself, in ~/.gconf directory.

Eugen,

thanks.  I have no problem editing files by hand, but...
you say "the file".  But there are currently 22 files under there.  It
is not completely obvious
- what file needs editing;
- what directory that file should be in; and
- what syntax is required.
(None of the files I currently have contain the string "stun", so I am
starting from square 1.  No doubt if I read enough docs or search the
web, I will find it (... yep, "apps/general/nat" is the file), but I
can't help but think that one or two "custom" config files would be
just as easy as using gconf, and thus removing a dependency from what
could be ("should be" in my humble opinion) desktop-neutral program.)

Damien is working to replace gconf by gsettings, I think this fixes your concerns, is that right?

Having said that, I appreciate the tremendous amount of work that you
and others have done on this program, and I respect the fact that the
people who do the work get to make the choices that suit them best.