Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Google summer of code 2009 entry for Ekiga

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Le jeudi 19 mars 2009 à 12:43 +0000, Peter Robinson a écrit :
>> I would think depending on the GSOC project that ekiga could fall
>> under an number of organisations. GNOME org would def be one. A couple
>> of other ones that comes to mind would be XIPH if it was related to
>> one of their codecs such as speex/celt/theora etc. The other would be
>> gstreamer if someone wanted to move forward the gstreamer support in
>> ekiga. You'd just need an appropriate mentor.
>>

> What projects do we propose ?
> Who is ready to mentor ?

Regarding projects, I would like to propose the two at
http://blogs.gnome.org/simos/2008/08/10/features-for-the-killer-voip-app/

1. Add a general wizard for users that want to configure their own SIP provider.
2. Add UPNP support.

I think the main aim for additional project ideas would be to make
Ekiga even more usable
to Linux users (using Ubuntu, Fedora, etc).

In addition, Linux netbooks tend to have Skype shipped as default. It
would be beneficial to
have the option to use Ekiga instead, and have users ask for Ekiga.

I do not know of other UI and usability improvements that can be done.
Are there any other suggestions?

Simos