Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] port ekiga to osx

Le jeudi 19 mars 2009 à 13:17 -0400, Christopher Warner a écrit :
> In regards to this I assume you are the same Hannes De Backer that
> contacted me today via my blog about porting Ekiga to Osx..
>

> I say this not to discourage you; this will take more than 2 months
> and even if you could do it in 2 months which would be impressive
> you'd need some serious infrastructure and help. Even if you just
> worry about doing everything through gtk and gstreamer.
>

> There are many things that would possibly need to be implemented so
> that everything works properly on the osx stack; of course I need this
> so i'm willing to help if you are seriously going to roll up your
> sleeves. There are going to be issues with webcams and possibly the
> quicktime layer and all of that stuff would need to be rewritten from
> scratch.

On a sidenote, the XMeeting project has already all we need, so we could
reuse their video stuff. I think that except video, the rest should
work. PTLIB already has native support for Mac Audio (or whatever it is
named).

--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/