Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Google summer of code 2009 entry for Ekiga

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le mardi 10 mars 2009 à 13:51 +0000, Peter Robinson a écrit :
I am not sure this list is the place to discuss about this.
Just now, the applications for GSoC mentoring organisations have opened.
Here is the announcement email.
It would be a good opportunity to try to attract developers in this way.
I think it is quite straightforward to write the justification why
Ekiga needs to take part in GSoC.

I second this. as I could not find a page about it in the Wiki :

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Special:Allpages

I created one to pull out Ideas

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Gsoc2009Ideas
Very well!

We also need students and mentors.

I am interested in DCCP integration, I have just put one of my students on
this (3 months project).  I don't know if he will succeed...
The two projects I'd like to see on the GSOC list are:
- UPnP support - bug 337166
- IAX support - bug 157559
- zRTP support - bug 335594

There was already a IAX Google Soc. The code has never been integrated
because it required a rewrite due to the engine.

The problem when adding a new protocol is that you need to find someone
to maintain it. What happens if we integrate IAX, then the SoC student
stops contributing and people report bugs?

The mentor :o)