Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Google summer of code 2009 entry for Ekiga

Le mardi 10 mars 2009 à 13:51 +0000, Peter Robinson a écrit :

> >> I second this. as I could not find a page about it in the Wiki :
> >>
> >> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Special:Allpages
> >>
> >> I created one to pull out Ideas
> >>
> >> http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Gsoc2009Ideas
> >
> > Very well!
> >
> > We also need students and mentors.
> >
> > I am interested in DCCP integration, I have just put one of my students on
> > this (3 months project).  I don't know if he will succeed...
>
> The two projects I'd like to see on the GSOC list are:
> - UPnP support - bug 337166
> - IAX support - bug 157559
> - zRTP support - bug 335594

There was already a IAX Google Soc. The code has never been integrated
because it required a rewrite due to the engine.

The problem when adding a new protocol is that you need to find someone
to maintain it. What happens if we integrate IAX, then the SoC student
stops contributing and people report bugs?
--
 _     Damien Sandras
v_/_   Be IP           : http://www.beip.be/