Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] port ekiga to osx

Peter Robinson schrieb:
Hi,

I am a trainee. They want me to port ekiga to osx. I have about 2 months to
do this.
Could u people point me at the right direction?

Insufficent project specification for support, sorry.

I don't know anything about MacOSX but there is a port of gtk [1] to
OSX already, I believe PTLIB and OPAL is (or at least use to be)
supported on OSX but there were issues with at least video support
from memory but as the latest release of ekiga has at least beta
support for audio/video input/output via gstreamer and thanks to
songbird and a couple of other projects gstreamer is fully supported
on OSX it should be possible.

Speculation, he said "port", not cross-build, since "They" have him hiding behind M$ hotmail their management behaviour implies to me they want to convert Ekiga to OSX GUI+A/V-APIs and so I doubt "They" will contribute to us with any patches nor with a compatible license, will "They"?

Peter

[1] http://www.gtk-osx.org/

tom