Betreff: RE: [Ekiga-devel-list] port ekiga to osx
Datum: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:16:53 +0100
Von: Hannes De Backer <hannesdb hotmail com>
An: <thomas schorpp gmail com>

I'm sorry "They" is my mentor at aserver: http://confluence.aserver.com/display/www/Home?co=
We won't take disadvantage of the software, if that is you think. If the port succeeds, i will share, [...]

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:08:03 +0100
From: thomas schorpp googlemail com
To: ekiga-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] port ekiga to osx

Peter Robinson schrieb:
> Hi,
> >> I am a trainee. They want me to port ekiga to osx. I have about 2 months to
>> do this.
>> Could u people point me at the right direction?
Insufficent project specification for support, sorry.

> > I don't know anything about MacOSX but there is a port of gtk [1] to
> OSX already, I believe PTLIB and OPAL is (or at least use to be)
> supported on OSX but there were issues with at least video support
> from memory but as the latest release of ekiga has at least beta
> support for audio/video input/output via gstreamer and thanks to
> songbird and a couple of other projects gstreamer is fully supported
> on OSX it should be possible.

Speculation, he said "port", not cross-build, since "They" have him hiding behind M$ hotmail their management behaviour implies to me they want to convert Ekiga to OSX GUI+A/V-APIs and so I doubt "They" will contribute to us with any patches nor with a compatible license, will "They"?

> > Peter > > [1] http://www.gtk-osx.org/

tom