Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Script to compile 3.0 SVN version on Linux

> > > Does MacOS X come with a built-in SIP app, like it comes with a
> > > built-in email app?
> >
> > Yes, iChat, but its network is closed. :(
>
> I've read that SIp is only used to established the RTP session But it can't
> register to any SIp server I guess ?
>
> So it's no Sip client built in and it's a shame, Xmeeting is the one for
> now.

Nope, no native OSX SIP client. With some of the major advances in
gstreamer on both OSX and Windows its a pity that we don't have an
audio/video gstreamer plugin as it would take away the pain in a lot
of circumstances. One plugin that can support gnome, windows and OSX
out of the box.

Peter