Re: What is "Negerpunk"?

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 16:56 -0400, the lady phoenix gmail com wrote:
French Fries come from the cooking term "to french" of cut into long
retangular strips.  It doesn't mean its french.  The name French Fry
is an english/american name and in Europe they are called Pomme
Frites, literally Fried Potatoes.  Another example is Julian Fries,
not named after a guy named Juilian but rather "to julian" yet another
cooking term for a particular type of cut.  In this way the american
haterd of all things french a few years back where people started
calling them freedom fries makes as much sense as the trying to figure
out musical genres and what ones are used by labels and what are used
by people to describe them.  Some accurate, others to be different,
and yet others to insult and/or show their ignorance.

For Music, I leave that to people that know more about music them me
to debate the names and what ones should be included.  This concludes
the brief history lesson on french fries.

Spare me the attitude. You're missing the point. The point wasn't about
French cuisine. The point was that our perception of categories isn't
always rational.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred