Re: What is "Negerpunk"?

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 09:46 -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
I'm investigating a bug report that a user filed because easytag lists
a Genre called "Negerpunk" and this apparently is a racist term in
German.  A recent thread I saw in the mailing list archive asked about
the Genre list and it was said it was taken straight from the list on
id3.org, but their list is shorter and does not contain this one.
What is the meaning of this term and where does it come from?

Hey Phil. I took over maintanence of EasyTAG a while back from Jerome
who didn't have time for it. Eventually David came and helped me
significantly. As far as I know, neither David or I, and probably not
Jerome either, made a conscious decision to add that in there. The genre
list was probably copied from somewhere else. But as you say, if it's
not listed in id3.org, then I'd be curious to know where it came from
too.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred