Re: [Easytag-mailing] Any plans for porting EasyTag to GTK-3?

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 21:25 +0000, bat guano wrote:

> $ cd easytag && ./autogen.sh && sudo dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b
>

> But it gives an error:-
>
> dh_shlibdeps -peasytag
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found
> for /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.so.2 (used by
> debian/easytag/usr/bin/easytag).
> dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/easytag.substvars
> debian/easytag/usr/bin/easytag returned exit code 2
> make: *** [binary-predeb-IMPL/easytag] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status
> 2

Hey bat,

I'm not sure what's up with the error, but it looks like you've got some
stuff on your system (libmp4vs.so.2) installed outside of the safety of
your package manager which is probably what's creating the problem.

You shouldn't need to run ./autogen.sh or dpkg-buildpackage as root. I'd
clean up your /usr/local first and then just run the following from
within the easytag source root...

$ dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b

Let me know if you have further problems. If it succeeds, you'll have a
deb package created in easytag's parent directory.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred