Re: Adding comments to an object

On 4/21/14 9:52 AM, Hans Breuer wrote:
At 21.04.2014 17:28, Dumitru Ursu wrote:
On 04/21/2014 06:16 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
I'm creating an organizational chart structure of information.  If I
choose to, I want to be able to click on an object, in this case a
rectangle, and have another box, or window, open somewhere that gives me
additional information about the data in the rectangle. The information
the box/window will be the same type of information you would get from a
footnote, endnote, or bibliography.  It will simply tell me where I got
the information from.

So you could use the "UML - Class" object in Dia as your box with just a
simple string (the class name). Switch off "Attributes visible" and
"Operations visible", to get rid of the two additional areas.

And this is all more than I understand.   LOL

Your extra window for more information would be just the properties dialog
having a lot of fields you could now fill with additional, invisible
information. You can keep it open while navigating your diagram, but
updating to the selection requires a double click.

Are you saying each rectangular object would have it's own properties box? If so, it might work. A problem I'm anticipating is one object might need 50 characters of text, yet another may need 250 characters of text.

[...]
Dia is definitely not what you are looking for.

That's a matter of opinion ...

        Hans

Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

"Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm