Re: Adding comments to an object

At 21.04.2014 17:28, Dumitru Ursu wrote:
On 04/21/2014 06:16 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
I'm creating an organizational chart structure of information.  If I
choose to, I want to be able to click on an object, in this case a
rectangle, and have another box, or window, open somewhere that gives me
additional information about the data in the rectangle. The information
the box/window will be the same type of information you would get from a
footnote, endnote, or bibliography.  It will simply tell me where I got
the information from.

So you could use the "UML - Class" object in Dia as your box with just a simple string (the class name). Switch off "Attributes visible" and "Operations visible", to get rid of the two additional areas.

Your extra window for more information would be just the properties dialog having a lot of fields you could now fill with additional, invisible information. You can keep it open while navigating your diagram, but updating to the selection requires a double click.

[...]
Dia is definitely not what you are looking for.

That's a matter of opinion ...

        Hans