Re: Adding comments to an object

On 04/21/2014 11:09 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
I want to make a chart of historical information, and would like to
>annotate the chart entry with additional information.
I doubt you want to supply Dia along with your chart...
Either you picked a wrong tool for the job, or you should rethink your
expectations and adapt to the desired result with the tool on hand in mind.
I agree with Andrey, you are probably using the wrong tool for the job: I suppose what you need is Inkscape, a vector graphics program: you can slice the svg and make a web page out of it, or animate the SVG directly (Inkscape doesn't support that directly). A bit of Javascript would do what you need.
Also, consider Synfig as a tool for animations.

Dima.