Re: Adding comments to an object

Greetings, Ken Springer!

Before I invest too much time into Dia...

For those that use spreadsheets,

Dia is not a spreadsheet processor.

in most spreadsheets at least, you can add comments to a cell that are
hidden until you select the comment for a particular cell.

If I draw a rectangle, is there a way to add a comment to it similar to
a spreadsheet?

You can use different layers to separate views.

I want to make a chart of historical information, and would like to
annotate the chart entry with additional information.

I doubt you want to supply Dia along with your chart...
Either you picked a wrong tool for the job, or you should rethink your
expectations and adapt to the desired result with the tool on hand in mind.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 21.04.2014, <12:06>

Sorry for my terrible english...