Re: Non-transparent <textbox> background for custom shapes - possible?

At 10.09.2011 18:35, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Hans Breuer!

HB>   But if you want an opaque textbox with shapes - like the draw background
HB>   option of Standard - Text - that's indeed not possible with resize="no".

:/ That not sounds very good.
Should I add it as an enhancement request to the tracker?
Feel free. However I do not have a good idea yet, how to add this to the
custom shape properties without breaking backward compatibility. The "draw
background" option is already used there to decide about 'normal' filling.

If you ask me, I don't want a separate background color for a textbox.
May be different opacity, if I may.
Given that color and opacity are stored together, that would result in the same issue. But maybe just one new property textbox-backgound could be added. And the default would be completely transparent.
Thus it would not change the appearance of diagrams not having it.

And I don't understand your concerns about backward compatibility. You're
using XML, after all...

<textbox .... fill="yes/no" svg:style="fill-opacity: 192;"/>

would produce desired results in versions supporting the attribute, and would
just draw what it understand on versions that do not.

That was not the point. If I only have one switch namely "draw background" how is it supposed to toggle four possible states?
 - only stroke, no fill
 - stroke and fill
both with or without drawing the text background?

BTW, another issue with custom shape textbox, it's not possible to define
default color value for it's text (I mean, inside Dia - double-clicking the
shape on palette), although you can still change it once the shape is placed.
Seems rather counter-intuitive to me.

Yes, fixed by: http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=4e5dddbad16c901492fb2f0e2921d65766741d98